Sunday, June 23, 2013

MORE PROCESS

   
   A recent visit to our studio by members of  a Charleston WV Presbyterian Church resulted in a custom commission of patens (plates), chalices, small dishes and a large pitcher to be used in their services. I had done similar commissions in the past and was happy to accept -- especially since their deadline coincided with my current schedule. 













I wish time had allowed me to photograph the work in their leather-hard, slightly damp stage (except for the pitcher) since that look appeals to most potters, including myself, more than dry or the bisque stage.











So, upon opening the kiln after about 30 hours of cooling, I was greeted with a perfect set -would have been a fool to want more....


 
                       I kept the look on the restrained side since that is what was needed.
                                                  ( click on any photo for full size)


2 comments:

  1. What a cool commission! I would love to see photos of them using it in the service!
    Alexandra

    www.infinite-within.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete