Thursday, August 13, 2009

My work...


My clayworks have evolved over the last few years, although possibly in subtle ways... I still explore the way glaze reacts with the porcelain and with other glazes and oxide enhanced slips... All of my work is true high-fired porcelain (approximately 2390 F)... I fire in a natural-gas forced-air burner reduction kiln... Porcelain is truly a great clay... The translucency of very thin wheel thrown and slab constructed porcelain is a tool I use with lighting fixtures, window tiles and cups... My engineering background, archaeology interests, and even the current political scene may all meld into one of my brushed and incised landscapes which have grown to be a metaphor on human relationships, and may be disguised within the details...

No comments:

Post a Comment